Stopping smoking can make a drastic improvement to your lifestyle and health in ways you might not expect. Once you stop smoking, some of the benefits are immediate and some are longer-term.
“I’ve been stopped for 17 weeks now. I’m proud of myself and the best thing is being able to do more exercise and not waking up with a sore chest anymore.” Sian-Marie, 20-30 a day for 13 years
- Your sense of taste will return and you will enjoy the taste of food more.
- Your breathing and general fitness will improve.
- The appearance of your skin and teeth will improve.
- You’ll be more confident in social situations because you won’t smell of stale smoke any more.
- Your fertility levels will improve, along with your chances of having a healthy pregnancy and baby.
There are also real benefits for your family and friends
- You will protect the health of those around you by not exposing them to second-hand smoke, however careful you think you are being.
- You will reduce the chances of your children suffering from bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma attacks, meningitis and ear infections.
Ready to quit? You’re up to three times more likely to quit for good with our help.